We have come to the end of 2023, and it is a time to reflect with real pride.
In past weeks we have celebrated at concerts, Christmas plays, P & F picnics, speech days, farewells, drama performances and graduations. Each of them are rites of passage that we expect at this time of year, but each of them shine lights on tremendous success and achievement. Each time we watch a performance, a student walk across a stage, a certificate passed between hands or a trophy held high it is a reminder of all that creates that moment. The rehearsals, practices, failed attempts, perseverance, effort and energy are often invisible, but they are what lay the foundations of success. That is what we really celebrate.
On Friday 8 December we farewelled the Year 12 class of 2023 at their Graduation Dinner, and today we celebrate their success on the release of their SACE results.
We are enormously proud of their academic achievement as a cohort, with tremendous individual performances that rank amongst the best in South Australia.
- 63 students with an ATAR of 90 or above (42% of the cohort)
- 7 students with a score over 99
- 32 Merits across 17 subjects (of these 8 were achieved by Year 11 students)
- Joint Dux of School and Dux of Sciences: Nicholas Vrodos
- Joint Dux of School and Dux of Combined Studies: Keagan Wallace
- Dux of Humanities: Hannah Gardiner
- Keagan Wallace also receives a Governor of South Australia Commendation Excellence Award for 2023
The fruits of their work over their senior years opens doors beyond our gates in a broad range of ways, and while much of the media coverage will focus on the ATAR as a measure of success, we graduate students who will chase diverse pathways. We are especially proud of our students who graduate with Certificate II and III qualifications from VET programs, giving them a head start into apprenticeships and traineeships.
I wish all Scotch families the best for Christmas and the new year, and hope that the annual school break is an opportunity to reconnect and reenergise after a busy year. I look forward to crossing paths at the start of 2024.